Annika's CI Surgery

Monday, March 2, 2009

Annika's birthday and anniversary of her implants



Well, my little princess is now 7 years old. I can't believe it. What's even more amazing is that she has had her implants for 5 years now. We actually had her birthday party yesterday on her CI anniversary date. She has been on a virtual high since her birthday on Friday.

She had me write a note to the teachers (I had to write an excuse slip for one of her brothers) and she dictated to me what to write. It said "Annika is bringing cupcakes to school today for her birthday. Please give her a high five for her birthday today." I sent it and everyone got a laugh from it. It was special as Allen and I both dropped her off for school on her birthday so we were able to say goodbye to her on her birthday in her classroom. She had therapy sessions in the afternoon at the local hospital and from the session that I observed she did not get much accomplished. She was just too excited to do any work. Oh to be young again and excited for her birthday.

She had her birthday party yesterday and she had a blast. She had a house full of company and let's just say that the "queen" was holding her court. She helped me put together her treat bags to send home with the kids. She made each bag special for each child. It was neat to watch her.

Now I am sending her to school today. Hopefully things will settle down and she can get back to normal and settle down. She has had a bad couple of weeks because of illness and seizure activity so we are hoping that this week will be better for her. We know that she is definitely feeling better. We just have to wait to hear from the school audiologist to see if the fluid behind her ears settles down or we will have to take her back to see the ENT.

Hope you had a great 7th birtday Annika!!!

1 comment:

Karen Putz said...

Happy Birthday, Annika! Those cupcakes look delicious!