Annika's CI Surgery

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Please pinch me!!!

I will post this on the blog for those of you who follow this and do not have connection with me on Facebook. Last night Annika came home from the zoo and sat down to eat her supper. She was way too busy to eat while at the zoo so she had 2 plates of hotdish. I left her eating her second plate and went back to get a few things done. After a little bit I went back out to the kitchen to check on whether she was done or not. Here she was at the sink with her dishes. She was filling up the sink with water and adding the dish soap. She looked up at me and said, "I'm washing my dishes, okay?" Okay?!?!?!?! That's wonderful!!! I helped her finish getting the sink ready to wash the dishes and she looked at me and said, "I will dry them when I'm done, okay?" She has always loved to wash her play dishes in my sink but now she has moved over to helping out with her own dishes. What a kid!!!

Today we head off to the neurologist and the rehab physician. I will post later on what they decide to do or if we are just fine. I am thinking she will come home with a cast on her leg so I have started to prepare her for this. Last night when she heard this she headed off to her room to find her old cast. I don't know if she thought maybe I could put that one on and then I don't need a new one or what. We couldn't find it so I have no idea what she would have done with it.

No comments: