Annika's CI Surgery

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Annika will be a teacher, I think

I know that we have a long time until Annika has to decide what she is going to do in life but right now I can see her choosing to be a teacher. When she is home for the weekend, all that she talks about is school. Last night, Allen, Annika and Jon were leaving to go get supper from the store. Annika is standing in the doorway having a meltdown. So we ask her what is bothering her. She cries "I want to be the teacher.". We, of course, tell her she can be the teacher. She turns and hollers out to the van where Jon is "Jon, see I am the teacher." Oh my goodness!!

Then today we are sitting at Applebee's having lunch. She turns and says, "Mommy, I like school. I work hard at school." So I ask her what is her favorite thing at school to do. She looks at me and says, "I like making "T's" at school. Making "T's" at school is my favorite thing. Okay, last year it was playing with dolls or playing outside or something like that. Making "T's"??? Where did this child come from?

She is forever now playing school at home. I fully expect her to start "teaching" her kitties. She already does it with her dolls and Barbies. Watch out Smokey and Princess you are next!!

No comments: