Annika's CI Surgery

Monday, October 6, 2008

Catch up


Wow What a week!!!! As I thought the week was wild and crazy with it being Homecoming week. As sometimes things go our van started to act up on Wednesday so we spent about an hour at the repair shop instead of getting the hamburger fried for the next day. Only to find out that we needed to leave the van there and borrow a car from the shop. We were able to pick it up on Saturday and that is another story but not for here. Anyway, from the shop it was off to church and get the hamburger done. It went quicker than I thought and that was a blessing.

Thursday was an event itself. It started with a phone call from the school letting me know that Annika was not herself and her urine smelt very bad! That was at about 1 p.m. so I was off to pick her up, get her home and try to get a sample to drop off with the doctor all in about an hour and a half. I did get it all done and there was no doubt in my mind that she had an infection. So antibiotics were ordered and she is doing much better. Of course we had one really bad night on Thursday so Annika and I spent the day recovering on Friday.

Okay, so after getting the sample done it was off to my chiropractor appointment and then to the church to get the spaghetti supper done. There was a few tense moments but all in all we served around 50 guys in a little more than 20 minutes. I can't believe it went off as well as it did with the problems we had (still boiling noodles and warming up bread as the boys started to walk in the door) but the kids ate and were thankful. We even came home with enough leftovers to feed us for at least 3 meals. We will get tired of spaghetti around here but all in all I am glad we did it but won't be looking forward to next year.

Like I said Annika and I laid low on Friday until it was time for the football game. By then she was ready to go and acting very much herself. As for Mom I could have stayed home and slept. But it is Marcus's last home game and I can't miss that. I was glad we went but it was a downer of a game because we lost. Annika lost interest in the 4th quarter and started to take a nap in Dad's lap. Because it was so packed that night we decided to head out with about 3 minutes left in the game. That was a mistake in our part because we missed seeing Marcus play the last 3 plays of the game. We had forgotten that if at all possible they try to play all the seniors on the last home game so they have that opportunity.

Saturday we laid low and cleaned house. At least Annika, Dan, Jon and myself. Marcus had training in the cities so Allen and Marcus headed off bright and early. It was a nice day to get relax and recover. We made some homemade applesauce too.

Sunday Annika and I were invited by her friend, Noah to go to a play on Junie B Jones. It was put on by the Youth Performance Company in the Twin Cities. It was a great play and they did a great job. The kids enjoyed it. Annika laughed through the whole play. We took a picture of Noah and Annika with Junie B Jones.

On top of that I think we have a little "love" blooming between the two kindergarteners. As we were waiting for the play to start, Noah decided to give Annika a "kiss". When we came home Annika told her brothers that she didn't love them anymore; she loved her boyfriend, Noah. Oh boy!!! That did not go over well with her brothers. They are going to have to "talk" to Noah. No boyfriends for their princess.

Well, it is time to wake up the princess so I will need to end this update.

No comments: