Annika's CI Surgery

Friday, June 26, 2009

Annika is going camping

This has been a real rough past week for Annika. All I care to share is that there are family issues going on so those that believe in prayer please just pray for our family. That being said, Annika is so excited. She is going camping with her Aunt Cassie. They have done this every year (except for last year where it didn't work out) for the past 3 years. Cassie's family does an annual family camp out so there is other kids for her to enjoy and of course there is campfires, biking, swimming, and all that goes with the camping experience. I can't wait to here the stories she has to tell once she comes back.

On that note, Annika got into trouble with her mother yesterday. When I came home from work, she was watching "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" so I do understand that she was doing something she enjoyed. But anyway, I came home and tol d her that she needed to get ready to go because we were heading over to work on our community garden plot. She wasn't very thrilled with this idea but I told her that she needed to get ready. She looked at me and then said "I know, I know just chill out Mom!" Okay, I don't let my teenagers talk to me that way so her is little miss princess and she just says it how it is. Part of me wanted to laugh because she picked this up from her brothers or someone on TV and yet I knew that if I didn't give out some type of reprimand for this I would be getting a phone call from school because of disrespect. When we spoke about this again later in the evening, she did say yes she got into trouble but then had her sly little grin on her face so there is more coming from this little girl!!!!
Oh my, I am so looking forward to her teenage years!!!!!!

No comments: